ESFA Funding Rules and Regulations
As of from May 1st 2017 all new apprenticeship starts on either frameworks or standards fall into one of the new 15 apprenticeship funding bands.
The following documents are needed to comply with the ESFA's regulations:
There is a new Technical Funding Rules document which covers apprenticeship starts as of May 1st 2017:
This runs in conjunction with the following funding rules documentation:
This will of course be updated as of August 1st when the 2017-2018 funding rules will take over!
"The rules that will apply to all apprenticeship provision funded by the SFA following the introduction of the apprenticeship levy."
• ILR specification 2017 to 2018: version 1
• Apprenticeship funding: rules for employer-providers
• Apprenticeship funding and performance-management rules for training providers
• Apprenticeship funding and performance management rules 2017 to 2018: summary of changes
You will also be required to meet the Matrix standard, as covered in the The matrix standard guidance note: update 2.
“Requirements around the matrix Standard only apply to training, learning or work experience programmes and activities that are partly or wholly-funded by the Skills Funding Agency.”
All levy paying employers fall into the ESFA's co-investment policy once their levy pot is spent, then the employer contributes 10% towards training and the ESFA will fund the remaining 90%, therefore this is part funded and the Matrix Standard is required.
Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers
As a requirement of being accepted on the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers (RoATP) you will have to submit monthly Individualised Learner Record (ILR) to the ESFA. (see blog part 4)
It really makes no difference if you have 10 or 1000 learners this contractual obligation stands, as well as being in scope for direct Ofsted inspections, you will need to comply with all their regulations too. (see blog part 5)
Get Our Updates!
- Start & End of Year ILR Transition - 2018
- What Does GDPR Mean for Training Providers? - July Update!
- Third Round of RoATP Released!
- Non-Levy Apprenticeship Procurement announced! - Recap on Rules, Regulations and Resources.
- Creating, Validating and Amalgamating ILR's Using ESFA's Tools - 2017-2018 Update